AOL Mail offers a wide range of features to its customers. However, sometimes you encounter errors that hinder your ability to access your account and perform tasks. One such problem can happen if you try to reset your password. An error message tells you that it’s not possible to do this from your browser.
This issue may be caused by a number of factors. Fortunately, there are solutions available for you to use that should resolve this problem easily.
Why I am not able to Reset your Password?
There are many reasons why you are not able to reset your AOL Mail Password and you can choose any of them. You may be experiencing issues with your password reset because:
- You didn’t use the same browser to verify your identity as the one you’re currently using.
- Your cookies and cache files are corrupt.
- You accidentally entered the wrong information during the process.
- You don’t have access to the email address or phone number on file with AOL.
- You attempt to reset your password too many times in a short period of time.
- Your browser won’t support HTML5 technology
Solutions to “Reset Your Password” Issue
The following are some of the possible solutions to the “Reset Your Password” issue:
Solution 1: Check Your Browser Settings
AOL Mail uses HTML5 technology as part of its login process and some browsers block this feature by default. To check whether this is the case for you, go to the Manage My Account page on AOL Mail and click on “Change Account Settings.” You will see an option called “Browser Configuration” under Advanced Settings. Clicking on that link will display all the browsers installed on your computer and allow you to enable HTML5 for each one individually. If all else fails, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox as these two browsers support HTML5 by default even when it’s disabled in other programs on your computer.
Solution 2: Reset Your Password Through Email
If you can’t access AOL Mail via a browser but still have access through email, then you can use the Account Recovery form to reset your password. Simply go to the Account Recovery page on AOL Mail and enter your username or email address into the provided field. You’ll then be prompted to enter your mobile number so that AOL can send you an SMS with a code that you’ll have to enter when prompted during the process. Once you’ve done that, AOL will send an email containing a link where you can reset your password by entering it in the box provided. Once you’ve done this successfully, you’ll be able to access AOL Mail using either your browser or email client of choice once more!
Solution 3: Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
Browser cookies and cache store information about websites we visit daily, which helps our browser retrieve those pages quicker than if we were visiting them for the first time. However, over time browser cookies and cache can become corrupted and interfere with our ability to reset to AOL Mail Password. The easiest way to clear the cookies and cache from your browser is to use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Delete (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac). This will bring up a menu where you can delete cookies, cached images, downloaded files, etc., depending upon which browser you are using.
How to Reset Password of AOL Mail
To reset the password of your AOL mail account, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Go to your AOL mail.
- Enter your “Username” and click on “Next”
- In the next window, click on “Forgot Password”
- You will be redirected to a page where you will have 3 options to reset your password: Send an email with instructions to the alternate email address which is registered with your AOL mail account.,send a text message with instructions to the mobile number which is registered with your AOL mail account or verify your account by google or yahoo email.
- If you choose any of these options, then follow the on-screen instructions and you will get a verification code on the selected option. Use that code and click on “Next”.
- Enter the new password twice and click on “Reset Password”.
If you are unable to access any of these options, then you can contact our team at +1-888-966-7916 for further guidance.
Tip for Creating A Strong Password
Creating a secure password is an essential part of keeping your data safe. A strong password can protect you from hackers and other cybercriminals who want to gain access to your personal information. Here are tips for creating secure passwords:
- Make it long. Passwords should be at least eight characters long, but longer is always better.
- Use a mix of letters and numbers. A strong password contains both letters and numbers.
- Avoid using common words or phrases. Hackers have access to lists of common passwords that they use in attacks, so don’t use anything that could be found in a dictionary or on the web as your password.
- Create randomness. Your passwords should not be predictable in any way; this includes having no relationship with each other, being random sequences of letters and numbers, or using symbols instead of letters (such as ‘$%^&*). For example, it’s much more difficult for a hacker to guess “M1chae1e” than “Michael”.
Ways to Remember Passwords
Do you have trouble remembering passwords? You’re not alone. It’s estimated that a whopping 80% of us forget our passwords at least once a month. That’s because we’re inundated with more and more passwords as the years go on, making it harder and harder to remember them all—not to mention the fact that they’re supposed to be complex strings of letters, numbers, and symbols that are hard to remember in the first place. So how do you keep from going crazy trying to keep up with all of your passwords? Here are some tips for making sure you remember them all:
1. Use a password manager
2. Choose a “master” password
3. Use strong passwords (and don’t use real words)
4. Switch things up every so often
5. Write down your passwords somewhere safe
Ans: If you can’t remember your password, you must reset it. Resetting a password is a simple process that will allow you to create a new password and access your account.
To reset your AOL Mail password, follow these steps:
- Log in to AOL Mail as usual with your username and password.
- Select the “Forgot Password” link on the sign-in page or from any page within AOL Mail.
- Follow the prompts to create a new password for your account.
Ans: If you’ve been having problems with recovering your AOL password, it could be due to one of several reasons. Your password may have expired, which happens if you haven’t changed your password in more than 90 days. If that’s the case, try creating a new password by going to the “Forgotten Password”. You can also choose to reset your password by changing your secret question and answer.
If you’re still having trouble resetting or recovering your AOL password, contact our security team at +1-800-827-6364 for additional help.
Ans. To contact AOL mail support and reset your password, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.aol.com/contact-us/
- Select ‘Email’ as the category, and then select the sub-category that best matches the reason you’re contacting them (e.g., ‘I can’t sign in,’ ‘I forgot my password,’ etc.).
- Enter your contact information and message in the appropriate sections, and click ‘Submit.’
You should receive a response within 24 hours of submitting your request.
Ans: No, AOL will not charge you to reset your password. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it through the AOL password reset page. This can be done by clicking on the ‘Forgot Password’ link and following the instructions on the screen. All this will cost you is a few minutes of your time and access to a trusted device or email account that has been attached to your AOL account. You might also be interested in knowing how AOL gold download can help you in retrieving old emails.
Ans: The most common reason a password won’t work is that the password has been changed and you no longer have access to the account. If you are having trouble accessing an AOL account that you think belongs to you, please contact AOL customer support directly. For information about how to contact AOL, please visit http://aolsupport.com.
Most Commented Posts