Most Commented Posts
With its amazing functionality and intellectual features on business mail account, Zoho mail has been gaining more and more popularity now. The overall performance of this email service provider is no doubt exceptional, but there are some technical glitches like Zoho not receiving emails that users have been facing for quite a long time now.
Despite users being rapidly shifting to Zoho mail in place of any other mailing client, there are some constant complaints from the users that they have been facing related to the incoming mails and Zoho not being able to even receive the emails. But worry no more because you are at the right place, here we have made this guide to help you resolve the issue of Zoho not receiving emails and everything related to that. So let’s get started.
Zoho Not Receiving Incoming Emails. How Can I Fix It?
Not being able to receive emails might be a blunder, as for some of us, emails are the primary source of communication. This is what makes it even more essential to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Zoho not receiving emails might be the only yet the biggest issue that users face. But the good news is, it can be fixed manually, so here’s what you can do:
- First things first, for this, you need a stable internet connection. Hence, make sure that there’s no issue with your internet service.
- Do note that once you have verified your domain and create users, it will be quite easy for you to send emails from the account that is domain-based. Yet, this won’t allow you to receive emails.
- Also, do configure your MX records for your domain in case you are able to send Zoho emails but are unable to receive any.
- For the 1&1 domain holders, MX records are very easy. For them, MX records can be updated just by using one-click verification.
- But if you are not an 1&1 domain user, you will have to configure the MX record manually.
- Here are the generic MX values for Zoho MX records-
|Blank/ @/Domain Name||mx.zoho.in||10|
|Blank/ @/Domain Name||mx2.zoho.in||20|
|Blank/ @/Domain Name||mx3.zoho.in||50|
- Another thing that you need to be sure about is to check if you are using the correct browser if you are unable to receive Zoho emails in your inbox. If the browser is the problem, try shifting to another browser and try again.
So this was how you can fix Zoho not receiving emails and can get started with emailing once again. Configuring Zoho MX records is one of the most common and the most effective ways to imply while not receiving emails on your Zoho mail. But what if even after configuring MX records you are unable to receive emails? Users often complain that they have already configured their Zoho Mail with MX records and they are able to send emails but can’t see anything in their inbox.
Zoho Not Receiving Emails Even After MX Records Configuration
If MX records are configured in the correct way, there couldn’t be anything that can stop the incoming Zoho Mails. Whereas, if a user is still not able to receive the incoming mails, it is probably because Zoho MX records aren’t working. Relax, there’s nothing to worry about, here’s what you should do in this situation:
- Visit www.mxtoolbox.com to check and verify your domain.
- Here’s what the returned MX record should be:
- 10 mx.zoho.in
- 50 mx3.zoho.in
- The incoming Zoho emails won’t be able to reach your inbox if there are any other MX entries having lower priorities.
- Do make sure that you delete all the Zoho MX records that are related to your previous email providers.
- Apart from that, do confirm that you have already turned off “local email delivery” in the DNS host setting and the web hosts.
- There are chances that your DNS provider won’t allow you to specify the server priorities, if that’s the case with you, you should make sure that mx.zoho.in is in the record with a lower priority.
- With this, you get to receive emails with zero interruptions.
So this is how the issue of Zoho not receiving emails can be resolved. But wait, this isn’t the only issue that users might face. There have also been complaints that Zoho is not letting in some specific emails only. This might be not just Zoho Mail, one can encounter this issue with any emailing service. But every issue has a practicable solution just like this one.
Zoho Not Receiving Specific Emails
If you noticed that Zoho isn’t letting in some specific emails only, here’s what you can do:
- The very first aspect that you should be looking for is whether you have set up a local delivery setting in your previous host or not.
- If you get to know that you have local delivery settings in your previous hosts, then the emails that are sent from your previous email server will be delivered to you internally in place of getting delivered to your Zoho mail account.
- When you are switching Zoho Mail from other emailing clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail, do remember to update the outgoing/incoming email server settings.
Zoho Not Receiving Incoming Emails From Website Contact Forms
While using a contact form on a website, do you ever wonder what the “submit” button actually submits? Well, it’s for sending out the emails. After this, the website matches the domain names with the domain name of the email address from which the email has been sent.
Well, all of it functions pretty smoothly until the web hosts assume that the email that has been sent must be delivered locally and this happens because of the same domain names (if any). But, as we said, there’s a solution to every problem, here’s what you can do to rectify this problem:
- Launch the web host settings and visit the “Remote Email Server Option”.
- There, foretold that the emails should be delivered externally.
- And then, also check for any local email configuration while making sure that you switch off the web hosts’ local settings.
So this was how you can resolve the Zoho not receiving emails from website contact forms issue. In case you are still unable to receive the emails even after implying the above measures, then it is advised to contact your respective DNS provider.