Most Commented Posts
To celebrate the holidays and football, here are some ideas on how to make your own custom football cards. This is a blog post detailing how to make our own custom football cards using the same resources that professional card makers use.
This is a blog post detailing how to make our own custom football cards using the same resources that professional card makers use. In this article, I discuss why you should use these materials and what you can expect from your own custom cards. Football cards have been popular since the first sports card was released back in 1952 and they’ve only gotten higher quality and rarer with time. In fact, there is an estimated 500 different football cards have been released since then, making it one of the most collected and traded sports in the industry.
Today we’re going to demystify these cards and show you how to make your own custom football cards on your own.
What are custom football cards?
In the card industry, many professional card makers and companies will create ‘Elements’ or custom football cards to use during their design process. Elements are usually sets of similar products that can be used for advertising purposes but can also be made into custom cards for the purpose of promoting a brand. These are most commonly referred to as ‘Cards-in-a-Box’ or ‘Cards-in-a-Tray’.
Cards-in-a-Box and Cards-in-a-Tray are Elements that contain a variety of cards with a similar theme. They have many uses:
1) Personalised Football Cards can be used to advertise a brand or company,
2) they can be used as giveaways,
3) they can be used as an incentive to purchase another product, and
4) they can be made into custom cards for the purpose of promoting a brand. These custom football card boxes contain 300 cards in total.
- First, print a Football Card template to make your cards.
- Cut out the templates and fold them in half. This will make the cards double-sided, which is more interesting than regular Football Cards.
- Find some photos of your favourite players on the Internet and print them out on 8×11 photo paper. If you have an iPad, there are many apps that will do this step for you.
- Use clear tape to glue the photos onto the football cards.
- Once the glue dries, add the football to the card and customize them. For the customization, you can use laser or inkjet printers.
- Here is a good template to use for this process.
- If you are making 300 Cards-in-a-Box, here are some tips from professional makers:
- The standard size of the player photo is 8×10 inches printed on photo paper with a standard copy machine (not necessary if you are making 300 cards). If you want your card to be high quality and stand out, get it printed professionally.
- You can use any brand of photo paper or card stock that you wish to use. Cardboard is usually not used since it will not look professional.
- It’s best if you print your artwork on card stock so that it can be memorized and cut consistently as it is easier to make the cuts consistent compared to paper cards.
- If you are using a laser printer, use the highest quality papers available and make sure to print at the highest resolution possible for better quality printing.
Making your own football cards can be a great hobby and entertaining to collect, trade, and sell. It can be very rewarding if you invest in it as you can get spectacular low-grade cards for just a few dollars to flip on eBay or whatever trade market that you wish to sell them on.